Skilled Full-Service Representation In Probate Matters
When a loved one passes away, the last thing you should have to worry about is legal paperwork. Yet the need to settle an estate is important and time-sensitive. For this reason and many more, it is a wise investment to hire an experienced probate attorney who can guide you through the process and take on the bulk of the complex, time-consuming work, leaving you free to focus on family and friends.
When you hire Angela Hawekotte, A Professional Law Corporation, that’s exactly what you can expect. Our attorney has over 40 years of experience in estate law, and she offers convenient, comprehensive representation in probate matters.
A Lengthy And Complex Process Simplified
Attorney Angela Hawekotte will work directly with the executor of the estate and named beneficiaries to take care of all final details and ensure that the estate assets are transferred correctly according to the will and/or state laws. Some of the many tasks involved include:
- Locating, identifying and securing all estate assets (including newly available ones like payouts from life insurance policies)
- Having real property appraised or obtaining records of recent appraisals
- Giving notice of death to estate creditors, allowing them time to make claims against the estate for money owed
- Managing the estate financial assets to pay creditors, bills and other debts
- Filing all necessary paperwork with the probate court and making court appearances as required
- Filing a final tax return, including noting and paying any estate and inheritance taxes that may be due
- Taking assets in the decedent’s name and transferring them into the names of chosen beneficiaries
- Disbursing all estate assets according to the will and other estate planning documents
As you can see, some of this work is legally complex, while some is merely time-consuming. In either case, it is typically a huge relief to have the help of a competent and compassionate attorney during such a difficult time.
Contact Us For Experience You Can Trust
Angela Hawekotte, A Professional Law Corporation, is based in Pasadena, and we serve clients throughout the Los Angeles County metro area. Our attorney brings decades of experience in estate law to each case as well as a strong background as a certified public accountant. No matter what your probate needs are, chances are good that we can help.
To arrange your initial consultation, call us at or fill out our online contact form.